Monday, April 23, 2007

What is USCE?


Many of you must have heard this term. It stands for United States Clinical Experience. These days many applicants have USCE and it is increasingly important. There are 3 types:

1) Externship - this is often the best as it entails actually touching the patient or in the case of psychiatry - doing the history of a patient.




2) Observership - this is more like shadowing. Externship is far better but observership is better than nothing.

3) Research - there is basic sciences and clinical research


4 comments:

superdoc said...

thanks for posting this info, but one humble advice from my side, the info is a bit disorganised, plz post more specific info regarding the exact prog which offer USCE, also please provide "live" links if possible

PsyGuru said...

it was disorganized. at the time i was trying to learn how to blog.

somewhere else there is info with the exact programs that offer usce.

there must be more than i listed here. the important thing is to spare no effort and contact every place.

Unknown said...

hi,psyguru,
I got externship in cedar sinai la ,I will appreciate if you gives me some detail what I need to do there to raise my chances and will this help me in getting residency.
thanks

Anonymous said...

hey Husal or psyguru
can you please tell me how can i apply for Cedar Saini Externship LA ?
Thanks